Potential tournament, ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Revenantninja

PostSubject: Potential tournament, ideas?   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Gents, Ladies, Vargas,

I recently received an email from Riot regarding us having our own tournaments:

Hey Dan,

I really like the idea! However, we currently don’t have the resources necessary to support the entire endeavor internally. That doesn’t mean that it can’t be done by you or someone else, and we can still definitely support any tournaments that are run with this goal in mind.

I would suggest you submit any tournaments planned to our Prized Event program, which can secure you RP and the tournament-exclusive Triumphant Ryze skin as prizes! The form is here - [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Some quick tips for you:

· 30-day notice required for prizing

· Minimum of 8 competing teams

· Only 5 players per team receive prizes

· Rules and signup info must be posted publically online

· Check out the full FAQ for more info at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Thanks, and let me know if you have any more questions!

J.T. Vandenbree
eSports Coordinator
Twitter/Summoner: RiotTiza

What do you all think? Could we get enough military members/vets? I know that Babyriots and I were speaking about opening up the teams to having a minimum majority of 3-5 military service members. We would also have to do some sort of verification (Which I could handle through skype most likely) for service members.

Although I understand this is still in the conceptual phase, it's pretty neat that we could have this happen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dwarve

PostSubject: Re: Potential tournament, ideas?   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 pm

sounds like a great idea. yeah i would say not the whole team has to be military as that could get hard to get that many interested to fill it out. but saying 3 be military seems reasonable.

plus scheduling a tourney around military work schedules could get very tedious lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Potential tournament, ideas?   Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah, it would have to be on a weekend most likely, and one that didn't involve people having duty.

With the amount of members we have on this site alone we could do it. Especially if we had a minimum of 3 service members per team. Though I would have to have people really dedicate time in order for this to happen. I can't organize it and then have people not show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://usmvgc.team-talk.net
Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Potential tournament, ideas?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 am

Why did I get solo'd out for this! I've only been gone a few days, had alot of stuff to do at the Huntington VA Hospital so I've been out. Anyways, it sounds like a brilliant idea.

If you need any help with the time management let me know, I have loads of free time for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential tournament, ideas?   

Back to top Go down

Potential tournament, ideas?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1