PostSubject: Rammus build   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:46 am

Op Spike ball of death
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:07 am

UsmcReaver wrote:
Op Spike ball of death

Rammus can jungle and tank while dealing amazing amounts of Damage making him pretty damn op. so lets start with his core build items.

Core build: thornmail Force of nature ninja tabli/merc treds

you must have these three items on rammus or you will more than likely fail.

optional items: aegis of the legion Sunfire cape Moar Amor!!! or for extra CC a rylias crystal scepter works on all of Rammus's abilitys granting him a slow in addition to Taunt and a knock up and more health.

as always get gold items like heart of gold Asap.

Things to note:

Rammus has lower stats than any other tank when you are not in defensive ball curl which is why high armor and Mr items are a must have. and his Base MR is retardedly low so merctreds can be a must have vs meta team comps.

Powerball will hit stealthed champions like teemo Roll through bushes and u will unstealth them upon impact. also if you are up against a teemo and hit a shroom you can go into DBC to null most of the shrooms damage allowing you to clear them with your face rather than a oracles.

Merctreds/tenacidy are your enemy!!!!!! reducing your taunt from 3 secs to 1.6 hurts you a lot! keep a eye on your enemy for anyone building these.

Rammus is a pretty easy champ to play as i suggest getting 1 point in power ball then 1 in DBC, 2 points in taunt then max DBC Then taunt. Masteries will Vary but 0/21/9 tank/jungle works pretty well and Runes are standard flat armor seals, Mr/lv glyphs, gold quints and Magic pen Marks

Hope this has helped you ask an Questions or if i left somthing out let me know.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krye

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

My opinion and what I think about Rammus.

UsmcReaver wrote:
UsmcReaver wrote:
Op Spike ball of death

Rammus can jungle and tank while dealing amazing amounts of Damage making him pretty damn op. so lets start with his core build items.

Eh, he's a ganker that relies on getting his team fed. As for late game, ambush ganks are his forte as long as his teams around. Frontal assaults don't work as tanks just get in the way of his powerball. He has one of the highest ganking presences in the game, but [as all have] his ganking presence has fallen severely with the constant release of champs with blinks, stuns and ridiculous mobility.

UsmcReaver wrote:
Core build: thornmail Force of nature ninja tabli/merc treds

you must have these three items on rammus or you will more than likely fail.

optional items: aegis of the legion Sunfire cape Moar Amor!!! or for extra CC a rylias crystal scepter works on all of Rammus's abilitys granting him a slow in addition to Taunt and a knock up and more health.

as always get gold items like heart of gold Asap.

I severely disagree with you. Thornmail is easily countered by a bloodthirster. While it's not a complete counter, the sheer AoE damage from the rest of the team will still eat the rest of you away. Yes, it does add damage to his taunt but chances of you getting to an ADC are slim to none with the way the meta works now. The real ADC killer is Frozen Heart. It still adds a ton of damage to your Defensive Curl while substantially hampering the amount of attacks any of the enemy team try to do. This is further buffed by the fact Heart of Gold is already a glorious item on him which evolves into another [seperate and still stacks] AD killer, Randuin's Omen.

Of course, boots of choice change based on team compositions [on both sides]. For example, lot's of CC [regardless of heavy AD or AP] deserves Mercury Treads. Lot's of AD is for Ninja Tabi. However, if you find yourself against a team with little to no escapes, I highly recommend Boots of Mobility. Run and gank all day once you complete a Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold.

And as any tank should do, build to counter the enemy. Have a lot of mixed damage? Herro Aegis. Lot's of AP? Force of Nature/Banshee's Veil ftw! Never run down the path of Thornmail or Frozen Heart because you it'll make you do [almost meaningless] more damage when it doesn't help you survive against the enemy team.

UsmcReaver wrote:
Things to note:

Rammus has lower stats than any other tank when you are not in defensive ball curl which is why high armor and Mr items are a must have. and his Base MR is retardedly low so merctreds can be a must have vs meta team comps.

Powerball will hit stealthed champions like teemo Roll through bushes and u will unstealth them upon impact. also if you are up against a teemo and hit a shroom you can go into DBC to null most of the shrooms damage allowing you to clear them with your face rather than a oracles.

Merctreds/tenacidy are your enemy!!!!!! reducing your taunt from 3 secs to 1.6 hurts you a lot! keep a eye on your enemy for anyone building these.

Rammus is a pretty easy champ to play as i suggest getting 1 point in power ball then 1 in DBC, 2 points in taunt then max DBC Then taunt. Masteries will Vary but 0/21/9 tank/jungle works pretty well and Runes are standard flat armor seals, Mr/lv glyphs, gold quints and Magic pen Marks
I like how you did most of this. Points are preference after you have 1 in all, most people work on DBC as you do, but in a game where I can gank all day I'm going with Taunt. Obviously, this isn't always the case.

Anywho, I like theorycrafting and debating on builds, etc. I play any and all roles and almost all champions [a few I'm quite horrible at].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 pm

[quote="Krye"]My opinion and what I think about Rammus.

[quote="UsmcReaver"]
UsmcReaver wrote:
Op Spike ball of death

I severely disagree with you. Thornmail is easily countered by a bloodthirster. While it's not a complete counter, the sheer AoE damage from the rest of the team will still eat the rest of you away. Yes, it does add damage to his taunt but chances of you getting to an ADC are slim to none with the way the meta works now. The real ADC killer is Frozen Heart. It still adds a ton of damage to your Defensive Curl while substantially hampering the amount of attacks any of the enemy team try to do. This is further buffed by the fact Heart of Gold is already a glorious item on him which evolves into another [seperate and still stacks] AD killer, Randuin's Omen.

i think you mean a last whisper not bloodthirster since even fully stacked a BT will have its damage reduced by armor and less damage = less lifesteal +the damage negating the heal i also roll with Ignite on Rammus due to the Extra Shock Value that it applyes to the taunted player and since i want them to hit me as fast as possible lol. reason why i get thornmail is its 2k gold and can be obtained well before their adc has any damage items and slows from FH do not stack and neither do Aura's on Enemys (2 FH only give -20% not -40% and easily negated by Zekes herald) and since you get a Heart of gold and have no real need of the CDR may as well just stick with the RO and dont forget its active and allow someone else to get FH like a Malphite since separate slows are multiplicative. as for Meta comps and reaching Adc its all about positioning i personally have no trouble catching Adc off guard and making them pay and with all the nerfs/"Buff's" with season 3 i see the meta changing anyways. even games now Adc's are no longer even present i've seen a lot of Tanky Dps team comps that honestly are just out surviving the Meta comps

most of my Data comes from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

can aslo Google or Wiki other Parcers and Calculators.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krye

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

UsmcReaver wrote:

slows from FH do not stack and neither do Aura's on Enemys (2 FH only give -20% not -40% and easily negated by Zekes herald) and since you get a Heart of gold and have no real need of the CDR may as well just stick with the RO and dont forget its active and allow someone else to get FH like a Malphite since separate slows are multiplicative.

FH and Randuin's stack. Hence, what I said about stacking. Also, Zeke's is rarely bought due to most supports needing other items first and foremost, then it has to be a heavy AD team to even try to call it useful.

Also, yes TM is only 2k. The point of it is to reduce damage and apply damage to the enemy correct? The enemy player has to hit YOU for this to be effective. There are times [very often] where it's better to taunt an APC due to mid game power [and occasionally even late game]. This completely dries up the power of the TM while an FH would STILL lower the Aspd of the ADC, and to make sure the ADC doesn't go on a rampage, pop your Randuin's and call it GG. It's indirectly adding damage to your opponent by lengthening the time your own team can stand and fight, which is something calculators can't account for ATM. Utilizing both of these items, it's far more taunts per fight, far more reduction in damage [due to you slowing Aspd regardless of enemy focus] and you have massive amounts of armor and can most assuredly buy some MR or a GA for added annoyance to the other team.

TL;DR:
Tanks are there to ruin the other teams day, not kill people. Debuffs OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Krye wrote:
UsmcReaver wrote:

slows from FH do not stack and neither do Aura's on Enemys (2 FH only give -20% not -40% and easily negated by Zekes herald) and since you get a Heart of gold and have no real need of the CDR may as well just stick with the RO and dont forget its active and allow someone else to get FH like a Malphite since separate slows are multiplicative.

FH and Randuin's stack. Hence, what I said about stacking. Also, Zeke's is rarely bought due to most supports needing other items first and foremost, then it has to be a heavy AD team to even try to call it useful.

Also, yes TM is only 2k. The point of it is to reduce damage and apply damage to the enemy correct? The enemy player has to hit YOU for this to be effective. There are times [very often] where it's better to taunt an APC due to mid game power [and occasionally even late game]. This completely dries up the power of the TM while an FH would STILL lower the Aspd of the ADC, and to make sure the ADC doesn't go on a rampage, pop your Randuin's and call it GG. It's indirectly adding damage to your opponent by lengthening the time your own team can stand and fight, which is something calculators can't account for ATM. Utilizing both of these items, it's far more taunts per fight, far more reduction in damage [due to you slowing Aspd regardless of enemy focus] and you have massive amounts of armor and can most assuredly buy some MR or a GA for added annoyance to the other team.

TL;DR:
Debuffs OP.

i clearly stated "separate slows are multiplicative." to break this down Barney style for you this means A*B=X. hence my Malph Mention since he has a slow to attack speed the equation becomes A*B*C=X so Rammus doesn't gain a full benefit from stacking slows and honestly its goes against his play-style. and your Meta train of thought of "Tanks are there to ruin the other teams day, not kill people." is just sad my friend Rammus is one of five tanks that have great killing potential the double threat that is used to lure more people into the tanking role. if you are wanting to be a CC meta champ Taric and the cow and Maokai make great use of what your explaining of how to tank but if your playing Rammus like a run of the mill meta you are not using him to his full potential and are missing out on what makes him truly fun to play which is the "Why you hitting yourself?!". and people will always hit you instinctively when you are 40% health or just to finish you off TM is never useless. as for ZH man you gotta just try it on voli or as the Cow and stick to your ADC like glue it is a underrated item like Executioners calling only reason you don't see them is cuz of Sheep following the Meta afraid to do anything that is not being emulated by the pro's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krye

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

UsmcReaver wrote:

i clearly stated "separate slows are multiplicative." to break this down Barney style for you this means A*B=X. hence my Malph Mention since he has a slow to attack speed the equation becomes A*B*C=X so Rammus doesn't gain a full benefit from stacking slows and honestly its goes against his play-style. and your Meta train of thought of "Tanks are there to ruin the other teams day, not kill people." is just sad my friend Rammus is one of five tanks that have great killing potential the double threat that is used to lure more people into the tanking role. if you are wanting to be a CC meta champ Taric and the cow and Maokai make great use of what your explaining of how to tank but if your playing Rammus like a run of the mill meta you are not using him to his full potential and are missing out on what makes him truly fun to play which is the "Why you hitting yourself?!". and people will always hit you instinctively when you are 40% health or just to finish you off TM is never useless. as for ZH man you gotta just try it on voli or as the Cow and stick to your ADC like glue it is a underrated item like Executioners calling only reason you don't see them is cuz of Sheep following the Meta afraid to do anything that is not being emulated by the pro's.

I seriously think you completely misread everything I've typed thus far and am going to completely discontinue this conversation.

Also, anyone that has played with me knows I play to counter the meta. Cuz it sucks donkey balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rammus build   Today at 6:48 am

Back to top Go down

Rammus build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1