US Military & Veterans Gaming Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Revenantninja

PostSubject: Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 am

If you haven't seen what we've been dealing with, check this out: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I just don't know what to say about this. I'd like to rant, but in truth it wouldn't do any good. Talking to the blind masses doesn't benefit anyone, and speaking logic/reasoning really isn't something that will help this kind of outlook.

Unfortunately I will say that the majority of posts on this thread only perpetuate the ideal that most LoL players are two things: Young and immature. The internet enables these young people to literally spew blind hate with broken rhetorical argument structures. I daresay that these kinds of posts and replies are the types of things that we'll be seeing in the future generations. Without a form of accountability, there is no consequence for being rude. Isn't that a fucking shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enofel

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, There is a general misconception going on that you were asking Riot to create a sub-forum for Military Players.

Also the general responses made early were snappy, and most players don't read beyond the first couple pages, if beyond the second or third post.

Still, there are many trolls on GD, and for the most part should be ignored. Also, another Serviceman posted a thread asking for UFO corki skin, whilst mentioning his being in the military which IMO influenced another influx of people disliking the idea of this forum.

I disagree with said serviceman on using his service to promote his thread, but that has nothing to do with these forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revenantninja

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah I saw that too, and I really don't understand what he thought would happen with trying to us the "military card". I've never truly had an interaction with anyone on the GD forums before this, and I really don't think I want to again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?   

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen the animosity on the other forum post in the LoL Forums?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1