US Military & Veterans Gaming Community


 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Team comp types

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Razz



Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 25
Location : California

PostSubject: New Team comp types    Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 pm

I think the current meta is good but at the same time I want to talk counters and unconventional strats to use in ranked play to counter other teams. Like having no ADC in favor of a bruiser AP carry bot with AP carry mid ad bruisers jungle and top and going for teams fight pre 20 min since ADC's don't pick up speed (unless fed) till about 25min~. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revenantninja



Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 29
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

That 5 support team seems to pretty much shut down most team comps from what I've seen. I personally don't like how the meta is now, I miss ADC mid, that was friggin awesome. As for changing it up I definitely think that some champions could handle a 2v1 lane, such as Yorick or Kayle. Champs with the ability to poke and that have sustain will be able to alter the strategies used.

Another example that I have tried and like to do is put a long range ADC mid against the AP carry.... the reasoning is that the early game lead for the ADC helps them scale faster. Especially if they can pull of first blood or get on a killing spree.

Some things I would like to experiment with is having comps that have at least 2 teleport spells, one for top lane and one for the bottom support. So if top or bot really needs a gank ASAP bot could come assist then, or when the jungler comes so the assist money gets spread around.

These are just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpiffmeisterZ



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-17
Age : 32
Location : Fort Hood

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 pm

A team comp I've seen work insanely well but might be hard to pull off in say a ranked situation where they can ban needed champs or see whats coming... 3 hard CC tanks and an AD and AP carry there preferrably are small or long range/slippery.

A needed pick is Cho'Gath so the carrys can hide underneath him and make him hard as hell to target. Chain up the CC and just shred them with your two champs who are just impossible to get to.

I personally like chain AOE teams... Something along the lines of Galio, Amumu, Wukong, Nunu in a team together... Just string them as each one ends or is about to end and keep em locked and just shred them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaeonis



Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 31
Location : Houston, TX

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Revenantninja wrote:

Another example that I have tried and like to do is put a long range ADC mid against the AP carry.... the reasoning is that the early game lead for the ADC helps them scale faster. Especially if they can pull of first blood or get on a killing spree.

The problem with that, is the current meta has shifted this way for a reason.

The AP carry mid goes there, not just for the farm, but mainly for the exp. APC's tend to scale VERY well off of abilities and not off of items, moreso than ADCs do. Think about it for a sec. Morgana with just a dorans ring can outscale a, say, Caitlyn with just a dorans blade. Plus, most ADCs early game isnt as strong as most APCs.

Sending an APC bot MIGHT work, but then you would be out an ADC, and eventually, if you cant push the team fighting pre-25min, you end up with a APC thats been denied exp and possibly farm (as having to go against a duo lane, last hitting might be harder), and they would be scaling off of levels alone.

The meta shifted because the EU figured out this way was both gold AND level efficient. Season 3 is gonna change a bit of how the support role works, and how the jungler works as well - so that should be interesting. But I honestly dont think the meta is gonna shift any more unless someone hits a new strat that allows for the same, or more, exp/gold distribution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drewballen



Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

I have beaten diamond players with a 3 adc poke comp.

Cait mid, standard adc support lane bot, (beating the diamond player we used kog, nunu which i think is probably optimal due to kogs poke and magic damage), Cho top, Jayce jungle.

We were losing most of the game, but the poke we had was just so ridiculous that they couldnt stop us from taking towers and inhibis.

And then the late game damage of an almost full AD build on Jayce with cait and kog building standard ADC was crazy.


Last edited by drewballen on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revenantninja



Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 29
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 pm

drewballen wrote:
I have beaten diamond players with a 3 adc poke comp.

Cait mid, standard adc support lane bot, (beating the plat player we used kog, nunu which i think is probably optimal due to kogs poke and magic damage), Cho top, Jayce jungle.

We were losing most of the game, but the poke we had was just so ridiculous that they couldnt stop us from taking towers and inhibis.

And then the late game damage of an almost full AD build on Jayce with cait and kog building standard ADC was crazy.

This sounds like a terror squad. Can't stop them from pushing, but also can't beat them late game. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drewballen



Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-10-16
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Revenantninja wrote:
drewballen wrote:
I have beaten diamond players with a 3 adc poke comp.

Cait mid, standard adc support lane bot, (beating the plat player we used kog, nunu which i think is probably optimal due to kogs poke and magic damage), Cho top, Jayce jungle.

We were losing most of the game, but the poke we had was just so ridiculous that they couldnt stop us from taking towers and inhibis.

And then the late game damage of an almost full AD build on Jayce with cait and kog building standard ADC was crazy.

This sounds like a terror squad. Can't stop them from pushing, but also can't beat them late game. Yikes.

That and our Barons were so fast, that they had no opportunity to react. They had 3 out of 4 drags out of map control yet we took 2 out of 3 barons out of the fact they had no time to react.

Also... First glance at jayce nerfs looks like it wont affect this strat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver



Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-10-11
Location : IL

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 am

Razz wrote:
I think the current meta is good but at the same time I want to talk counters and unconventional strats to use in ranked play to counter other teams. Like having no ADC in favor of a bruiser AP carry bot with AP carry mid ad bruisers jungle and top and going for teams fight pre 20 min since ADC's don't pick up speed (unless fed) till about 25min~. Thoughts?

the all bruiser strat works pretty well vs a meta team. i was up against eve rengar olaf Kha'zix and Wukong we traded kills the whole game but started to fall short since they were all tanky and could focus our squishy carrys down so fast leaving the tanks and support with no dmg to do anything against them was quite a fun game even tho i lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver



Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-10-11
Location : IL

PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:38 am

Xaeonis wrote:
Revenantninja wrote:

Another example that I have tried and like to do is put a long range ADC mid against the AP carry.... the reasoning is that the early game lead for the ADC helps them scale faster. Especially if they can pull of first blood or get on a killing spree.

The problem with that, is the current meta has shifted this way for a reason.

The AP carry mid goes there, not just for the farm, but mainly for the exp. APC's tend to scale VERY well off of abilities and not off of items, moreso than ADCs do. Think about it for a sec. Morgana with just a dorans ring can outscale a, say, Caitlyn with just a dorans blade. Plus, most ADCs early game isnt as strong as most APCs.

Sending an APC bot MIGHT work, but then you would be out an ADC, and eventually, if you cant push the team fighting pre-25min, you end up with a APC thats been denied exp and possibly farm (as having to go against a duo lane, last hitting might be harder), and they would be scaling off of levels alone.

The meta shifted because the EU figured out this way was both gold AND level efficient. Season 3 is gonna change a bit of how the support role works, and how the jungler works as well - so that should be interesting. But I honestly dont think the meta is gonna shift any more unless someone hits a new strat that allows for the same, or more, exp/gold distribution.

unfortunately many ap champs getting hit with the nerf gun soon but like you say ap champs do scale well even w/o items hence why you see so many support Zyras now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UsmcReaver



Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-10-11
Location : IL

PostSubject: OMG troll team   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 pm

so yeah just raped a game With wukong top malph jungle amumuu ashe and me as kat but if Oriana instead of Kat to draw everyong into her ball then amumuu stun Malph ult then WU while Ad carry just pew pew's away just epic had to post it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Team comp types    Today at 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
 
New Team comp types
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» U15 Boys Ottawa Titans AAU Basketball Team
» Your favorite basketball team
» Red Troll and Trollish Types
» New Skill (Double team)
» Drive basketball U17 team vs BC Basketball U17 team?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
US Military & Veterans Gaming Community :: League of Legends :: Strategy Discussions :: Summoners Rift-
Jump to: